VFX Executive Producer, Head of Business/Legal Affairs, Accenture Song VFX
Heiko Burkardsmaier has long-standing expertise with visual effects and legal affairs. After finishing his law degree, he joined EM.TV in Munich as legal counselwhere he was responsible for Merchandising contracts and International Co-Productions. He subsequently worked as General Counsel of the EuroArts-/Medici Group and came to Pixomondo in 2008 where he managed the Stuttgart branch and was responsible for legal affairs worldwide. In April 2013 he joined Mackevision as VFX Executive Producer and Head of Business & Legal Affairs where he is responsible for running the VFX Department of Mackevision. Heikocontributed to various award winning Feature and TV-projects such as Academy Award winning “Hugo” and Emmy Award winning HBO Series “Game of Thrones”. He’s an and expert in VFX contracts, international tax credits and subsidy schemes and a regular lecturer at Filmakademie Baden Württemberg and an adviser on the audio-visual media course at the Media University in Stuttgart (HDM). Heiko is member of the board of the “section animation” of the German Producers Alliance (ProduzentenaIlianz Deutschland) and a member of the Deutsche Filmakademie. In 2014 Heiko’s team at Mackevision won an Emmy for Outstanding Special Visual Effects for Season 4 of HBO’s Game of Thrones. Since 2018 Heiko’s team was nominated for more 7 Emmys (“Lost in Space, season 1,2,3”; “Watchmen”; “The Nevers Season 1a “The Nevers, Season 1b”; “Shadow & Bone, Season 2”.
- VFX Executive Producer: Heiko Burkardsmaier
- VFX Executive Producer (Accenture Song VFX):“Shadow & Bone, Season 2””
- VFX Executive Producer (Accenture Song VFX):“Stranger Things, Season 4”
- VFX Executive Producer (Mackevision):“Lost in Space, Season 1 -3”
- VFX Executive Producer (Mackevision):“Watchmen” (HBO), “the Nevers” (HBO)
- VFX Executive Producer (Mackevision):“Game of Thrones Season 4, 5, 6 and 7”
- VFX Executive Producer (Pixomondo): “Rush”, “Game of Thrones, Season 2”,
- VFX Business & Legal Affairs for over 30 TV- and Feature Projects including: “Hugo”, “Red Tails” “Amazing Spiderman”, “Oblivion”, etc.
- Expert in international Film Tax Credits and Film Subsidies